It’s that time of year again! Time to stop eating candy for one full month. For us the following things are CANDY:
Dessert in general
Any drink with sugar in it
Fruit with sugar on it. Like a grapefruit…you have to eat that plain in June. Also homemade applesauce can’t have 2 big handfuls of brown sugar in it anymore.
Some things are hard for us to agree on. For instance Thomas feels that we cheated when we ate box after box of these Sweet Freedom bars during last candy free June. They are now classified as CANDY and therefore not allowed (sad).
Gina’s Captain Crunch “problem” has also been the subject of some discussion.
Please remember everyone that Captain Crunch does have vitamins in it. Now let’s put it to the vote:
Candy Free June stinks. But it is also a time to get a jumpstart on eating healthier. And that feels great! We are glad to do it once a year. And now for the big question! Are you with us?
And on the menu today is Crock Pot applesauce! Something we never tried before. We had a bag of Granny Smith apples laying around so I chopped them up and put them in the crock pot with some cinnamon, a handful of brown sugar, about a cup of water, and some lemon juice. We’ll let you know how it turns out.
Update: Ok, it’s three hours later and here we have it. I mashed it up with the potato masher. At first it tasted like nothing, so I added a little salt and a hint of lemon.
Graduation was Friday and we couldn’t be happier or more relieved to be DONE forever with school! Here are a few pictures we got with Thomas’ phone at the ceremony.
We would like to say thank you to all of you who traveled to Greensboro this weekend and to everyone else who was thinking of us on our big day. Your support over all the years has meant so much to us! We hereby bestow honorary doctorates on all of you.
A big congratulations also to Meaghan and Scott! Scott wins an honorary doctorate and a special prize in being the most patient with all three of us. Yay!
1. My Bobble. It is a water bottle with a filter attached to it. I know Greensboro’s tap water is completely fine to drink, but it tastes like stinky feet. The Bobble water tastes sweet and delicious! Plus the lid closes extra tight so I can throw it in my bag without worrying it will leak. I love it.
2. Green Mountain Gringo Salsa. For Mexican Fiesta nights! It is very delicious and fresh tasting.
3. This baby deer makes me happy. I wish we could get him (Winnie needs a pet).
4. The Pioneer Woman’s Creamy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole. I made a huge double batch last week, thinking that I would freeze half for later. Well Thomas and I ate it all, 16 servings worth, in just a few days. As a matter of fact I think it might be one of the best things I have ever cooked. Thank you P.W.! I have already bought the ingredients to make it again tomorrow.
5. Bach’s 6th Cello Suite. My summer project is to learn this whole piece once and for all! I have no idea how to play some of the chords in the Sarabande. Maybe Steffi and Dietmar can put me in touch with this guy.